Are you a wedding professional juggling a busy wedding season while trying to promote your business at the same time? Are you currently posting a blog for every wedding you work on? If not, you should be!
Blogging should be a necessary part of your marketing strategy. To name a few reasons why: it’s great for SEO, showcasing your work and proving your expertise. Plus, it’s not as hard as you might think! Here is a quick guide to show you how to easily blog a wedding in 8 simple steps.
8 Steps To Blogging A Wedding:
- First think about the keywords you will use for the post, ie. location, color schemes, wedding style, etc. As soon as you know the main direction of your post, you can let the memories and details from the day flow freely.
- Create a 300 word post (minimum) describing the day. To help with this, you can use data collected from the bride and groom via a questionnaire when you booked the wedding. Make sure to include as much information as possible to help readers get a good idea of the day and the work you put into it.
- Create a folder of your favorite images that you want to include in your blog post. We all know that readers will read a post by first judging the quality of the images, and then the quality of the content, so be sure to use a variety of images that help present the day in the best light possible.
- Use blog stomp to optimize the size of your images and group images together in a pleasing way to tell the story of the wedding. This tool is a really great way to see the layout of your post before it goes live and make sure it fits your vision.
- Upload into your blogging platform and remember to use alt text on your images. Alt text really helps with SEO and is actually very easy and quick to add to each image with the right platform.
- Use your vendor list to add vendor credits to the bottom of the post. Not only will this help readers trying to recreate this specific wedding, but it will remind vendors that you’ve worked with to blog themselves and add credit back to you as well.
- Don’t forget to add a featured image, categorize and tag your post, and add a meta description. Pick your favorite, most visually appealing image and make this a featured image so it is the first thing people see when searching for a relevant blog post.
- Double check yoast for SEO performance. Yoast is a great tool to make your post as search engine-friendly as possible, all that hard work only matters if people can find it online!
If this seems like a lot of work, then please reach out to me. In addition to website building and marketing, I offer blog management services to take this off your plate, so you don’t have to worry. The less you have to worry about, the more beautiful and successful the weddings you work on will be!